By Sarah on January 9, 2017
If you were a time traveler from a time before TVs, cell phones, and the internet you might find our time a little odd. Actually, that’s an understatement. You’d probably lose your mind at how advanced things are now. And once you got over the initial shock you’d probably think it was all stupid. I mean, selfie sticks? Really? I can’t even wrap my head around that, and I’m only 26.
The world around us is advancing so quickly. But you know a lot of what we’ve created with much research and funding is pretty much pointless. Bringing up selfie sticks again, are they really necessary? I’ll try to figure that out on my own time. But in case you’re having a hard time understanding why this 80 year old in a 26-year-olds body is so malcontent, this artist should be able to help.
These works of modern society pop art are perfect depictions of our world today and everything that’s normal to us. Created by Tony Futura, a digital artist based in Berlin who loves to create these fun works of art that poke holes in our modern society. They’ll help you see what’s so weird about our new normal.
2. False advertising is a huge thing in our time that was not done in the past
3. So accurate it hurts a little
4. Cutting down trees to make axes to cut trees with
5. Social media made us feel really lonely while having many ” friends “
6. I love this pop art piece, showing America is becoming a smoke free zone
7. Selfie sticks, really?!
8. Feels like this sometimes right?
11. The best piece of this gallery
14. Let’s roll something shall we
16. Brands are taking over our lives
17. Even religion is taking the hit
19. Chocolate really fuc*s you over sometimes
20. You need real friends, not followers.
21. Everything gets sucked down to nowhere
22. These are your new friends